I was waiting to start writing in it until yesterday. There was just something very "clean slate"-like about my first entry being dated 1-1-11. And my first entry? Well, it was to make a list of new year's resolutions of course. I decided to list eleven resolutions in honor of 2011. Some of my resolutions are more general while others are quite specific.
I head into this resolution making process with a lot of grace. I am probably not going to achieve all of these all of the time. But they are goals. Things to strive for. And putting them out there for all to see holds me accountable to meet them. Over the last 33 years, I've learned I need a little accountability in my life.
1. Have a more consistent time in God's Word
2. Devote time to writing projects: family recipe/vignette/photo book & children's book collaboration with Mike
3. Blog/Journal more consistently
4. Exercise 3 times a week: twice doing cardio/strength training, once walking/running
5. Drink more water
6. Take vitamins daily
7. Be more organized in meal planning and our weekday morning routine
8. Pour into my friendships with encouragement; serve others
9. Stick to a budget
10. Complete one cross-stitch project
11. Go to bed earlier
So there you have it. My personal goals and resolutions for 2011. I am looking forward to a great year!