Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Ten of my favorite things (right now) are....

1. A warm fire every night to snuggle up next to

2. Fresh pineapple in the middle of winter (it is hard to choose a good one and we seriously lucked out on the last one we bought-- so sweet!)

3. Using my Jamba Juice gift card today while out with my two favorite boys

(Note that my hand looks crazy distorted in this photo)

4. A good book to read. Right now I'm reading True Grit by Charles Portis.

5. These mixing bowls I got for Christmas. They make stirring up some pancake batter a much cheerier experience.

6. These recipes for my friend Rachel's "Peanut Butter Granola Balls" and "Quinoa and Black Bean Salad." Seriously good, folks. And good for you!

7. My family. Just because they are always some my favorite things. :)

8. Watching Gold Rush with Mike on Friday nights on the Discovery Channel. We haven't decided if we are hoping the miners will succeed or fail.

9. Listening to the girls sound out words. Every day they continue to get better at reading.

10. THE BEST FAVORITE THING EVER--
MY MOM CAME HOME FROM THE HOSPITAL LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, that deserved a hundred exclamation points. After 84 days, she is finally home. She still is hooked up to a lot of things like a peg tube, an iv (for antibiotics), a wound vac, and a nasal cannula for oxygen. But she's home and sleeping in her own bed and that is just wonderful for our family. My dad is playing "nurse" most of the time while a home health nurse will visit every day to check on things. This is definitely my "favorite thing" of the week!

What are some of your favorite things lately?


2 comments:

k_stin said...

I really like Jamba Juice, but the drink I like is probably the most unhealthy of healthy drinks. haha.

I like that it is cold out, so I have a good excuse to snuggle up and read! haha

affectioknit said...

Sweet! I love those bowls!