Wednesday, December 16, 2009

School Christmas Program and By The Way, I'm Not Crazy!


Hannah and Leah posing in front of the tree

Monday night was the girls' school Christmas program. I love things like this. It just feels so sweet and special and very "Christmasy". I really am a sucker for watching kids perform. I think I get teary eyed with every single song. And then when my girls got up on stage, I teared up a bit more. They are growing up so fast, and yet they are still so innocent. Innocent and funny. Just yesterday on the way home from school Leah said (in a very serious tone), "Mom, I've decided that I don't want to be crazy anymore." I replied, "You're not crazy, Leah. You're funny, but not crazy." She then replied, "I just want to be like you, Mom."

I wanted to laugh and also turn around and hug that girl. In her world, I am not crazy. And she wants to be like me. Be still my heart.

Oh and here's a short video of their performance from Monday night.



1 comment:

affectioknit said...

That is just the sweetest thing!