Saturday, December 26, 2009

Presents and Games

Even though he wasn't born on Christmas, 2009 brought this little boy into my life, and that is the BEST gift a mother could ask for. He's happy. He's healthy (ear infection is gone now!). And he's HERE!

In other present news, this ended up being the year for receiving games. The girls received: Candyland, Chutes & Ladders, Pretty Pretty Princess, Pictureka!, Tiddlywinks, Jacks, Gator-Golf, Bop-it, and two Leapster handheld game systems. The girls love them all, and so do I. I love playing games! It's one of my favorite things to do both with my girls and with our friends.

This got me thinking about some of my favorite games to play right now. Here's my current top five game list:

1. Bananagrams

2. Dominoes (I know there are lots of ways to play dominoes, but we like to play "chicken foot")

3. Apples to Apples

4. Taboo

5. Balderdash


I also love card games and board games too, but those are my favorites to play with friends. I guess I'm a "language" person because all of those (except for dominoes) involve words, spelling or definitions. If any of you haven't played Bananagrams before, they sell it now at Target in a little yellow, banana-shaped pouch. It is very addictive!

What are some of your favorite games to play?

Playing Bananagrams with my two sisters-in-law, Rachel and Tracy

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

We love games too - I think Scrabble is our favorite - but we got the Apples to Apples Bible edition for Christmas and we've played it every day since...

Jacquelyn said...

I love the games you mentioned, of course, but I also LOVE any game where you move a lot. Like, "Hide and Seek" and "Clicks" (which may or may not be a game my friends and I made up at the lake, it involves a pool table, and rolling the cue ball into the 8 ball with your hands. And running. Lots of running). And "Cranium"!! Oooo I love a good game of Cranium! :)

Maria Rose said...

I love Balderdash too. We have been looking for it for a few years and it's not anywhere to be found anymore. We also like Scattergories.