Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dear Autumn

Dear Autumn, I really like you. I think you're neat. Thank you for giving us beautiful leaves to look at. Yellow is my favorite.
And thank you for giving us several days warm enough to play outside, but with enough chill in the air to keep us from sweating. My girls and I played at this park recently on one of your gorgeous good weather days. See all those kids playing outside at that nearby school? That's one of my favorite sounds. I sat and watched my girls while listening to their distant cheers and shouts and laughs. It was quite peaceful.

Thank you for providing enough breeze to gently lift my Hannah's hair into the sunlight. She looks so innocent here, don't you think?

It was such a carefree aftenoon. Leah ran and ran and never once complained about being hot.
She really enjoyed herself. I finally got her to stand still long enough to snap this pretty picture.

Even Lucas was appreciative for the nice weather. He says he can't wait to run around and play one day. Maybe next time you visit us?
Autumn, we really will be sad to see you leave. But we will look forward to your return next year.
Sincerely,
Emily, Hannah, Leah and Lucas




2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Sounds lovely, particularly since it's like 2 degrees here.
PS Your children are gorgeous!

affectioknit said...

Oh - I love fall - we didn't really have much here - so I appreciate seeing all the fall colours...