Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Five Year Well Check

The girls had their five year well check on Monday. Here are the highlights:

* Hannah weighs 36 lbs. and is 42 inches tall
* Leah weighs 36.5 lbs. and is 42 inches tall
* I am slightly amazed that they are so close in both weight and height. For a long time, Leah was always a little heavier and taller. Now they're even!
* They both have 20/20 vision
* Hannah sat still for her shots. She didn't cry or flinch one bit.
* Leah cried. When the first shot went in, she jerked her arm and so they had to try again, but she jerked once more and the shot just knicked her arm. Finally Mike, another nurse, and I all held her down so the shots could be given. Needless to say, this was traumatizing for all involved.
* We left with stickers and smiles despite all the drama.
* I am so grateful for such wonderfully happy little girls!

2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

Please tell Hannah and Leah that their hair looks SO LONG in this picture! I guess I don't notice it in person? Wise Momma Donna suggests during the next shots to try no parents in the room, she used to have the same problem with Zac and that was what worked best.

BTW, loved the picture in your last post. And really, just your last post in general. Sounds so peaceful and perfect and makes me want to snuggle in bed right NOW. :)

affectioknit said...

Yes - I'd say they did a very good job and it's nice to have it over with before Christmas - I'd hate to have that hanging over my head all through the Christmas celebrations...

Merry Christmas!