Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Blizzard

MERRY CHRISTMAS!


We are snowed in again today after our record breaking 11 inches of snow yesterday! Some news channels are reporting up to 14 inches, but either way, we had more snow yesterday than any other time in our state's history. We tried to go resuce a friend of ours who was stuck in the snow, but we ended up stuck in our own driveway. It took Mike an hour of shoveling to finally get the car back into the garage. Because of the current weather conditions, we are quite literally stuck in our home. Thankfully I went to the grocery store on Wednesday, so we're fully stocked. The sad news is that my parents are also stuck in their home, so we had to cancel all of our plans with them. Oh well, at least we'll get to celebrate with them tomorrow or Sunday.


One great thing about this weather is that my girls have never had the opportunity to play in such deep snow. So yesterday, we bundled them up and went out to romp around in it. They both squealed and giggled the whole time. Leah declared, "This snow looks like sugar!" Afterwards, we came inside with rosy cheeks and sat together drinking hot chocolate. I love making memories like that.


The view out our front door around noon yesterday.





Warmest wishes for a very happy holiday!


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

We're having a blizzard too! It's fun and cozy...

Merry Christmas!

Jacquelyn said...

Love these pictures! And thank you thank you thank you (again) for your heroic efforts to rescue this stuck friend! I only wish I could have gotten to spend Christmas Eve with my second fam. All of those pictures are beautiful.

As for Coca-Cola classic, I will never turn my back on it! I just still try to drink one a day, and Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper doesn't "count", so that's my back-up. Ha :)