Friday, December 18, 2009

My Little Gangsta

Meet my little "gansta" son: Lukey G. He loves to kick it old school with the sideways hat, Yo. Ok, ok, I sound about as ridiculous as a white, thirty-something, stay-at-home mom could possibly sound just now. Isn't this picture of Lucas pretty darn adorable though? I think so, but I am his mother. I love his round brown eyes and his kissable chubby cheeks. Seriously, I kiss those cheeks about a hundred times a day. He is twenty-one weeks old today!

Today we had a busy, crazy, accident-prone type of day. First, Hannah got a bloody nose after being hit in the face with a basketball. Shortly afterward, I had to remove a large splinter that was sticking out of Leah's big toe (no clue how she managed that one). My friend, Sara, literally had to hold Leah down while I quickly pulled it out. She was fine as soon as it was over, but the screaming that was going on during the procedure was ear piercing. We have the girls' five year well check on Monday which includes three shots a piece. What fun that will be! (do you hear the sarcasm there?)

Thankfully, all of these accidents occurred in the morning. Our afternoon at home was very calm and restful. Mike and I even got to go out on our own tonight. We had dinner at our friends' house. They recently moved back to OKC from Austin, so it was great to reconnect.

What are you all up to this weekend?

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Yep - he's a cutie! So glad no one was seriously hurt - and best wishes with the shots!

shanna said...

He is such a doll. This weeking I am packing and preparing for Africa so it is out of the way before Christmas :) Wish you were going with me!

Anonymous said...

He is too adorable. I hope he has a Santa hat to sport the next few days!