Thursday, December 3, 2009

19 weeks

This sweet boy will be 19 weeks old tomorrow. Wasn't he just flopping around inside my tummy? Wasn't he just born last week? He is doing so many new things. Let me fill you in:

1. He is gaining lots more muscle control-- especially when it comes to holding up his little head. And I say little because he is only in the 9th percentile for head size. All my children have had little pin-heads. What's up with that?

2. He can roll over from his tummy to his back. My girls didn't roll at all until 8 months. So I was quite surprised by this one!

3. He is drooling and chewing on his hands like crazy. He would dine on his fingers morning, noon and night. They must be pretty tasty.

4. He can reach for objects, but his coordination is not so great. This means his hand sometimes reaches up and pulls out his pacifier while his face has a confused look on it like, "Who just took that out of my mouth??"

5. He sometimes acts coy. He'll give a super charming smile to a lady passing us on a grocery store aisle, then bury his head in my shoulder like he was embarrassed. He's such a little flirt.

6. When he does flash that awesome smile, he has a dimple on his left cheek.

7. He has noticed his feet and is very interested in them, although he has yet to officially play with them.



I am so grateful this little boy came into our lives 19 weeks ago!!

1 comment:

shanna said...

He is so precious! Such a cutie!!