Wednesday, December 9, 2009

A Christmas Brain Teaser

One of my favorite things about Christmas is singing & listening to Christmas Carols. There's a radio station down here that plays them non-stop from Thanksgiving Day to New Year's Eve, and I look forward to it every year. When I was teaching, the day before Christmas break I always gave my students a Christmas carol word puzzle to work on. They had to come up with the title of the Christmas carol that matched each "clue". In honor of my teaching days, here are some for you to work on (I think my worksheet had about 25 of these!). Leave your guesses, and I'll give the answers tomorrow! =)

1. Buxom maniacs toasting over an uncovered flame
2. Metallic ding-a-lings
3. Crimson proboscis precipitaion darling
4. Listen, the heavenly beings are speaking!
5. Light Brown Explosive
6. Shout the news from a high place

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

What fun! I can't wait to show these to Scout...

Angie said...

those are fun - we did them at Brian's Christmas party this year. Although I've never seen #4 and can't figure it out. Are you sure it isn't what Mike did in the bathroom?

k_stin said...

Fun! I just did some with my kids today, but they were different and some were really funny!

1. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
2. Silver Bells
3. ??
4.??
5. Go Tell it on the Mountain

Emily said...

And the answers are.....
1. Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire (also called "The Christmas Song")
2. Silver Bells
3. Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer
4. O Tannenbaum (German for O Christmas Tree)
5. Go Tell It On The Mountain