1. The first year I was teaching was a Leap Year. I had a student with a birthday on February 29th. Her parents delivered two dozen red roses and a large bouquet of balloons to school. They made a big deal out of her special day, and I thought that was pretty cool.
2. I have a friend due any second with her third baby. I'm kind of hoping she delivers before midnight tonight.
3. I heard a man on the radio this morning saying that today he and his wife were celebrating their fifth wedding anniversary even though they have been married for twenty years.
4. This morning at my gym, in honor of leap year, our instructor had us randomly stop between songs and "leap" (which was really jump-squatting) four times forward and four times back. It was a good quad workout, that's for sure!
5. All the Bradford Pear trees are blooming here! It is obvious that they do not understand the extra day in February, because they are already acting like it is March!
And since it is the last day of the month, I thought we could take a look-back at some pics from the end of February of 2011.
I always like to see how they have changed!
Now bring on Spring!!