Tuesday, February 28, 2012

School Play

Hannah and Leah came home very excited from school today. Their excitement came from the fact that they began working on the first grade school play today. This will be their first school play experience, and they are stoked. There are a limited number of speaking parts and they both want to try out for the role of the Butterfly. We spent a little bit of time this evening going over the line, trying to articulate and add inflection. We shall see what pans out there. I am just impressed that they want a speaking part at all. I always shied away from being front and center. I was definitely a background player in all my school play experiences. Although I did perform a dance to "It's Hip to be Square" by Huey Lewis once in sixth grade. It was my one moment in the spotlight. Try outs for the girls are March 7th and 8th. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment: