Sunday, July 19, 2009

Snippets of Saturday

Yesterday was a good Saturday. It was spent doing some of my favorite things. And that's just how I wanted my last pre-baby Saturday to be. Not that life is ending after the baby comes; it will just be new and different-- a whole new chapter for our family.

The day started with me meeting my friend, Nikki, for breakfast at Vintage Coffee. We split a cranberry-orange muffin and we each tried a signature drink called a "smooffee" which is a combination of smoothie/coffee and an added flavor. I added vanilla and it was delicious. It was so nice to start the day chatting with a dear friend.


After breakfast I met my mom at a nearby mall where she treated the two of us to pedicures. Here's a picture of my puffy, pregnant feet when it was all said and done. I would highly recommend a pedicure for any pregnant gal-- especially soon before you go to the hospital. There's just something about looking down and seeing pretty feet.


After the pedicure and a little shopping, I headed home to enjoy the rest of the day with my awesome little family. I was determined to spend some quality time with my girls even if that meant putting things on my "to do" list on a backburner for awhile. So I spent the afternoon building a castle out of blocks, reading books, and acting silly with them. I also got out their baby books and went through each book with my girls. They were fascinated by their baby footprints and the hospital bracelets I had worn. And they always love to look at pictures of themselves as a baby and hear me "oooooh" and "ahhhh" at how cute they were.

For dinner we took the girls to Poblano Grill, a favorite Mexican food restaurant of ours, where they munched on chips, guacamole and tortillas. Then we took them to Blockbuster and let them each pick out a movie to watch. We ended up with Mulan II and Sleeping Beauty. We came home and let them get in their jammies and watch one before heading off to bed.

I was just about to enjoy my quiet post-little girl bedtime hours, when I realized that we had to go to the grocery store. I usually don't enjoy shopping in the evening, but as I was driving to the store, I witnessed a beautiful sunset. I took a few pictures as I was driving (not while the car was moving-- I promise I was careful!). Oklahoma has awesome sunsets. These pictures don't quite do last night's sunset justice. But they do capture some of the brilliance as well as the cool clouds that were hanging around.

Just a few blocks away from my house.


In the grocery store parking lot.
I wrapped up grocery shopping as quick as I could (and saved $7 in coupons! woo-hoo!) and headed home.

I hope your Saturday was a good one too!

1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

Sounds like a lovely relaxing day!