Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Random Thought Wednesday

1. Two days. That's it before we meet our son. This thought is constantly swimming around in my head. I get giddy and nervous and excited each time I think about it.


2. Today the girls and I went swimming. The water felt so refreshing and cool. And it helped lift my belly up a bit, giving my back and hips a break. I've been pretty sore lately.


3. Hannah made me laugh this morning when she asked out of the blue, "Mom, remember the days before Kung Fu Panda?" Oh the world was such a boring place before we owned that movie! =)


4. I packed two new backpacks full of things for the girls to do while they are up at the hospital over the weekend. They don't know about the backpacks yet, but I think they will love them. So far the packs each contain: three new coloring books, a new set of crayons, a blank memo pad, pens, pencils, a new book about animals, a disposable camera, and a new doll. It will be like opening up their stockings on Christmas morning.


5. I am about 20 pages away from finishing my current book (I took a break from Twilight to read a great book called The Well and the Mine.) If I finish it tonight, I will blog about it tomorrow.

6. Tonight my dear friend Jacquelyn is babysitting for us so Mike and I can go out for one last hoorah! We're keeping it low key, though. To save some money we're making spaghetti here at our house, but then we'll head out to a movie and maybe coffee afterwards. I'm really looking forward to some quality time with my Love.


7. My cats have been super affectionate lately. Do you think they tell that change is on the way?
Maybe it's a "sixth sense" they possess?


8. I have the desire to mop my floors before we go to the hospital, but am seriously lacking the energy. I'm hoping for a burst of it later today. We'll see.....


9. Here's what my house is looking like this afternoon. The girls are engrossed in their play which is fun to watch.


That's it for now! Enjoy your Wednesday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be so exciting to be about to meet your son! Your girls must have had a fun summer, they look like they have the summer tan and glow! :-) -Kristin

Maria Rose said...

Yay! I am so excited for your big day.
It was a great idea to pack the girls some fun stuff. I bet the photos will be great!
Enjoy your last day-o-pregnancy! I can't wait to get the update!