Friday, July 17, 2009

Dear Son

My Dear Son,

In one short week, you will be in my arms. I'm guessing you'll have a mop of black hair, eyes like pools of dark chocolate, and your Daddy's olive skin. You'll probably cry a little and be swaddled like a burrito in a hospital blanket. You'll sleep a lot, but open your eyes now and then. And you will be perfect. Absolutely perfect. I can't wait to stare at you, snuggle you, and smell your sweet baby smell. You, my dear, are a miracle. God says He knit you together in my womb and that you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Always know that you have a purpose, you are unique, and you are already abundantly loved.

So until next Friday, keep growing and developing in your safe baby house that is my belly. And we'll be seeing you soon, Little Guy.

Love,
Your Mom

3 comments:

Mocha Mama 24 said...

So Sweet Emily. Its so fun to know what day he's coming.

Maria Rose said...

OH my, this made me tear up!

Juan Galloway said...

Can't wait to meet my nephew.