Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This Face

Lucas Gabriel
Sometimes I just stare at this little face and am overwhelmed with thankfulness.  I am so thankful that I get to be this sweet boy's mom.  I love seeing this face when he wakes up in the morning, his hair sticking up in all directions and a huge smile peeking out from behind his pacifier.  "Hi Mama," he says, "I take a good nap!" (He thinks sleeping all night is a "nap").  I love seeing this face after eating his favorite thing-- a chocolate chip cookie.  There is usually more chocolate on his face than in his tummy.  This face is even cute when it is scrunched up in a scowl.  Like when I have to change his diaper (something he hates at the moment).  He looks at me and says, "No!"  I have to fight hard not to laugh just because his face is so funny.  I love to smooch this face and press my cheek up to his when I give him a hug.  Nope, I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing this face.

No comments: