Wednesday, September 7, 2011
1. He talks all the time. In the car, at home, everywhere. He can speak in sentences and is quite funny!
2. He has several new names for thins. For example: strawberries = "strawbees", bandaide = "boo boo banaide", hold me = "holdy!", horses = "neighs", and sunglasses = "eyes". There is nothing cuter than hearing a sleepy little boy saying, "Holdy, Mama."
3. Over the summer he transitioned from two naps a day to one long nap. He usually sleeps 2.5 to 3 hours each afternoon, and wakes up with a smile on his face.
4. We are also phasing out his beloved pacifier, and it is actually going very well! He only uses it when sleeping. So when he wakes up in the morning or from a nap, he takes it out, places it on his pillow, and says, "Night Night, Paci!"
5. He has no interest in potty training, so we're not going to push it. The girls potty trained about two months before their 3rd birthday, so it's still a bit early. He has made some progress though because now he will at least try to sit on the toilet. This summer if I tried to sit his little hiney on the toilet he would scream bloody murder. Baby steps....baby steps.....
6. He still is obsessed with balls of all kinds, but especially soccer balls. He has also developed a new obsession with all things horse related, including cowboys and the Lone Ranger. This weekend we got him a wooden stick pony which he rides around while shouting, "Hi Ho Silver!"
He is such a bundle of smiles and joy. I love watching him grow up!