Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Working 9 to 5

"Working 9 to 5, What a way to make a livin'...." Come on, sing it out in your best Dolly Parton voice! Remember that song and the movie that went along with it? Well, it has now been adapted to a Broadway Musical which I had the pleasure of seeing tonight as it traveled through Oklahoma City. For years, my parents have been season ticket holders for the Civic Center musical attractions. Since November, when my mom went into the hospital, my parents handed over their tickets for me to use. My friend Nikki and I have so enjoyed getting to dress up a bit, go out for a nice dinner, and "get some culture" as we jokingly put it. Sometimes, as stay-at-home moms, we can fall into a rut of not getting out at all, so it has been a lot of fun to go do something different. My parents have great seats (five rows from the front!), so my dad went ahead and renewed their tickets for next year. I'm sure he'll want to go to a few, but I am hoping that next season we can get out and "get even more culture"! :)
Me and Nikki waiting for the show to start!

1 comment:

Tandamaguire said...

I bet that was a good one to see!