Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Sorrow Lasts for the Night, But Joy Comes in the Morning

Tomorrow will be a hard day.  But tomorrow will also be a good day.  One year ago tomorrow I lost my mom.  It has been the most painful year of my life.  I have cried more than I ever have.  My stomach has been in knots, I have not wanted to get out of bed, and I have mourned deeply.  But this year has also been good.  I have prayed more, been blessed beyond my wildest dreams by friends and family, have been encouraged, and saw God's faithfulness meet my every need.  Tomorrow I will remember my mom (as I always do), but tomorrow I will also celebrate all the reasons I have to be thankful.  The day will be bittersweet, for sure, but I am determined to have a good day.
 This week my friends came and planted this amazing "Memory Garden" for me.  I was truly blown away by their generosity and thoughtfulness.
 The tree they planted in my mom's memory is a Japanese Maple.  It was one of my mom's favorites.
 This heart shaped rock was an especially sweet touch. I look forward to many evenings spent sitting by this garden and remembering my sweet mom.
 Tonight my friend Nikki and I went to see the traveling Broadway production of "Fiddler on the Roof".  My dad and his friend, Sally, took us out to eat and to see the show.  It was a nice distraction and we had a good night.
When I came home tonight after the show, I found these.  Mike and the kids picked them out for me.  I feel so blessed and so loved.  

Thank you.

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

What a beautiful garden!

Have a lovely day!