Thursday, April 19, 2012

Field Trip

Hannah, Leah and their friends at the Science Museum

The school year is starting to wind down here.  Due to a very mild winter, we are getting out of school on May 18th!  That's less than one month, people!  We had our first grade play last week, a field trip this week, spring carnival tomorrow night, and awards assembly coming up at the beginning of next month.  It is going to fly by. Before we know it we will be playing in the hot sun, swimming, and enjoying summer vacation.

Today was the first grade field trip to the Oklahoma Science Museum.  I thought taking 120 first graders from our school alone would make the museum pretty crowded.  Add to that about three other schools that also brought 100 plus kids and the place was absolutely packed.  My neighbor volunteered to watch Lucas for me, so I was at least able to just focus on the five girls assigned to me in my group.  I can't imagine if I had a two year old to chase as well.  We still had a lot of fun in spite of the crowds though. I like watching my girls laugh and play with their friends.  It warms my heart.

Being on a field trip also reminded me of my teaching days.  Field trip days absolutely wore me out.  But I've decided that being chaperone on a field trip is equally as exhausting!  I was ready for bed a few hours ago.  With that in mind.....

Good night!

2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I am giving you a standing slow clap...that is brave!

Emily said...

Hahaha! Thank you.