Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bugz Review

Before I get started on the musical review, let me just say I have been experiencing technical difficulties here and haven't been able to post for the last two days.  I know this isn't going to cause a shift in the space time continuum by any means, but in case you thought I had dropped off the face of the earth, I can assure you that I am here and ready to type again.  Thanks to Mike for helping my computer recognize the wireless router so that I can connect to the good old interweb. :)  Still working on my Blogger phone app though.  Anyone know what to do when it says I can't publish a post because of an "insufficient storage quota"? Hmmmm.....

Anyway, yesterday I got to attend not one, but two terrific performances of Deer Creek Elementary's first grade school program called "Bugz!"  The plot was basically this:  a variety of bugs were going to attend a picnic together when all of a sudden the stink bug comes to the party giving off his unpleasant smell.  What to do??  Well, the bugs decide that being nice is better than being mean, so they cover him with flowers to mask his foul odor and he is welcomed back to the picnic.  All is right with the world again.  In between the gripping plot line, I got to hear songs about ladybugs, picnicking, army ants, fireflies and accepting change.  I give it two thumbs up!  Leah and Hannah both did a great job saying their lines as well as singing the songs and performing the hand motions to go along with it.  The whole thing only lasted thirty minutes, but it was well done and they were extremely proud of themselves.  Mike and my dad were able to attend the evening show and brought the girls flowers for their hard work.  
 Waiting for the evening performance to begin
 My beautiful butterflies after the afternoon show
Hannah happy and relieved that the day was over!

I hope that they look back on the photos and video we took yesterday and see a small glimpse into their childhood at age seven:  eagerness, innocence and beauty.

6 comments:

Onlythemanager said...

They look totally sweet!

Jacquelyn said...

I actually was going to text you, since you hadn't blogged! I should, anyway. Pics of the girls are adorable, I must see the video! Miss my Galloway's.

Tandamaguire said...

The cutest little bugz!!!

Ashley said...

They are so cute. Did you cry? I cry at every little performance Grant has...I hope your Easter was good. I was thinking of you.

Maria Rose said...

Such cool girls you have!

Rachel said...

I love that Mike and your dad brought the girls flowers!! To know such great men in their life love them and treat them so wonderfully!!