Thursday, November 17, 2011

Roll With It

This has been my mantra lately. In fact, here is an example from today. With some friends coming over tonight, I decided to make a homemade pound cake and serve it with strawberries and whipped cream. I've made pound cake before, and it has always turned out pretty good. So tonight, I followed the recipe and after an hour and twenty minutes I opened the oven door to see that the cake had totally collapsed in the middle. Not only that, but the sides had baked up so puffy that they overflowed causing the cake bits on the oven floor to burn to a putrid crisp. Great, I thought to myself. What am I going to do now? I stared at the cake and remembered my mantra-- just roll with it. So I put a serving spoon next to it, set out the strawberries and cream, and called it a "summer pudding". Voila! Problem solved and it still tasted great. What about you? Are you usually able to roll with life's punches?

1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

Oh yeah. Plus, if they're friends they don't care at all!!