Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Random Childhood Memory-- Plus A Crazy Video!

For some reason, I have been thinking about one of my favorite childhood television show lately.  I went through a phase where I was obsessed with an obscure program that aired on PBS during the late 1980's.  Anyone else out there remember Square One?  It was a show about math, of all things, which was strange for me since I wanted nothing to do with math most of the time.  The show was made up of various skits and songs all pertaining to different aspects of math-- geometry, algebra, patterns, etc. One of the show's staple skits was MathMan (similar to Pac Man, but he ate numbers).  Another skit I loved was Mathnet.  Each episode involved detectives solving crimes using math.  But probably my favorite thing on the show were the music videos.  This is where you get to watch the crazy video I have posted for you. It's a song about angles. Take it all in.  In all its strange, 1980's glory.


You're Welcome.

Now go google Square One and see what I'm talking about!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

We used to watch Square One at school in math class. I loved it too! I totally forgot about it until you mentioned it.

Maria Rose said...

oh my goodness. I am so happy. That just made my day! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Maria Rose said...

OH I have just shared that video with everyone I know. I am so excited!

affectioknit said...

SOOO FUN! I definitely remember Square One...I'll have to show it to Scout...he's in Algebra 1 this year...

Have a lovely day!

Rachel said...

can we please do the angel dance together when you come for Christmas? please please please. if you love me, you won't mind if i strap you to the ceiling! =)