Monday, November 21, 2011

Rainy Monday

It was dark in our bedroom this morning when Mike gently leaned over and told me he was leaving for work. This is a new routine for us now, him leaving and kissing me good-bye.  It's one we have done before, but it has been awhile.  I smiled and mumbled, "Have a good day!" Then I rolled over and snuggled up with the cute two year old boy who had found his way to our room in the wee hours of the morning.  He had woken up crying, and when I scooped him up from his crib, he was burning up with fever. I knew a doctor's appointment was on our agenda for the day, but while he was snoozing next to me, I closed my eyes and let my brain wake up a bit before pulling my body up from the soft, warm sheets.
Eventually, I got up and went to the front door to peek out at the dreary November sky.  Rain had been predicted and the sky looked pregnant with precipitation.  I put some water in the tea kettle and cranked on the burner.  A cup of hot tea seemed like the perfect way to start this rainy Monday.
We spent the morning in our pajamas (the girls are out of school all week!).  We drew pictures, played "grocery store", read books, and watched a movie.  Eventually we made it to the doctor where she diagnosed Lucas with an ear infection and the croup.  Mike picked up a pizza for dinner so that I didn't have to try to cook; I've had a clingy two year old boy attached to my hip all day.  Before bed we sat by the fire and drank some hot chocolate.  I really didn't get too much accomplished today according to my own to-do list, but I think we had an enjoyable rainy Monday nonetheless.

How was your Monday?

1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

Poor sweet little guy! I hope that the meds are already delivering some relief.
Our Monday was spent hiding inside from the cold snowy outside. Heater blasting, soy hot chocolate is flowing freely here!