Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Job To Do

Today started off with a job to do.  I had put it off for too long and it just had to be done.  No if's, and's or but's about it.  I had to take care of the weed situation in our front flower bed.  With the scalding hot temperatures this summer, I (like a lot of people) just flat gave up on working outside.  I swallowed my gardening pride and became one of "those" people who just let nature take over their flower beds completely.  So today, I declared war on those pesky weeds.  I gathered my supplies, procured a "helper", filled up a water bottle, and headed outside. 
One sad section of my front flower bed.  It's really embarrassing.
My trusty assistant decided to play with his dump truck while I worked. 
In the middle of the project. 
Feeling hot and sweaty, but relieved to actually see dirt underneath the weedy overgrowth.
Cutest assistant ever.
One section finished.  By lunchtime we had the whole front bed cleared out. 

What a relief!  And the temperatures were only in the upper 90's, so it wasn't nearly as bad as I had thought.  That in itself is a sad statement.  I think we are so acclimated to the high temperatures that we are going to break out our sweaters when they drop into the 80's. 

After we were finished, Lucas and I ate lunch, then he took a whopping three hour nap.  I cleaned, baked some cookies, took a shower, read, and had a lovely afternoon indoors.  What did you do today?

No comments: