Saturday, January 2, 2010

Full Moon, Full Heart


Do you have those moments when all of a sudden, everything just seems right with the world? Where you take a deep breath and sigh and feel extra content? I had one of those moments on New Year's Eve. We were driving to meet our friends for dinner, and as we turned out of our neighborhood, we were greeted with a perfect view of a golden full moon. The night was clear and cold, the air crisp, and patches of snow were still on the ground. "Wild Horses" by the Sundays popped up on our i-pod, and as I watched the full moon dip precariously toward the horizon, I felt a wonderful sense of peace. I really couldn't ask for more. I married my best friend, I have three awesome children, a close relationship with my parents, good friends to ring in the new year with....I just couldn't ask for more. So I ended 2009 watching a full moon with a very full heart.

1 comment:

k_stin said...

Yeah, the moon has been absolutely beautiful the past few nights. It's nice to have those moments of contentment.