Saturday, February 14, 2009

Two Thoughts About Love

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope you are having a great day.  Our day has been wonderful so far, and I'll blog and post photos tomorrow. But since it is the "official" day of love, I thought I'd share two thoughts I have on the subject.  

First off-- this song.  I love it.  It's such a happy song and it sums up so nicely the way I feel about my little family.  There's no video unfortunately, so just listen and read on.  Or get up and dance if you feel so inclined!




Second-- this verse found in First Corinthians.  Of all the beautiful poems that have been written about love over the course of history, nothing can capture the true meaning of love better that this (in my opinion!).  It is something I try to strive for in my marriage, the way I love my children and the way I love my friends and extended family.  

Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 (New International Version)

So there you have it.  My two thoughts on love today:  be thankful for family and be reminded of what love really is in its purest state.  

Enjoy your Valentine's Day!



2 comments:

Maria Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria Rose said...

I had an absolutely wonderful Valentine's Day. I hope the rest of yours was lovely as well.