Friday, August 8, 2008

What I Do

Recently my dad showed the girls a picture of one of the natural gas wells he works on.  It was taken from atop a tall crane and gave a great view of all the trucks and other massive cranes and heavy equipment used.  We told them, "This is where PaPa works."  Then I overheard my mom ask Hannah, "Do you know where your Daddy works?"  Hannah replied, "On a computer."  I smiled at just how accurate she got it.  He really does use his computer quite a bit.  Next my mom asked, "Do you know what your Mommy does?"  

At this point I thought for a few seconds about her possible answer.  Would she say that I'm a teacher?  I mean, I worked for the first two and a half years of her little life.  I've told her many stories of being a teacher and she's been to my old classroom on several occasions.  Or would she simply say that I take care of her?  Or that I stay home to be her Mommy? And then the answer came....

"Oh, she just cleans the kitchen."


2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

HA! hahahaha.

Lake idea- genius. I'll start saving.

Jenbeagles11 said...

Love this. Sweet girl. I always tell my girls. I am NOT THE MAID! But I really am...