Friday, August 22, 2008

Sick Girl

I'm finally coming out of a few days of being sick.  Strep throat sick.  I had a round of strep back in April, but I guess it wasn't finished with me yet.  I woke up Thursday morning around 4:00 am chilled, achy and my throat felt like it was on fire.  I knew instantly what was wrong, so around 9:00 I headed off to the doctor and sure enough, my strep test was positive.  In fact, when my doctor looked at my throat she visibly cringed and said, "Your throat is as red as raw meat!" Gross.

Thankfully, my parents live close by and are so good at helping me out.  I dropped the girls off with them on my way to the doctor Thursday morning and they kept them until 5:00 that evening.  I spent the entire day in my bed alternately sleeping, reading, and watching tv.  At 5:30 Mike got home and instantly took over so I could continue to rest and let my antibiotics do their thing.  After a day like that and a great night's sleep, I feel like a new woman today.  Even still, my parents came over this morning and took the girls for another day so I could continue to recover.  I am extremely grateful for my family.  There's just no way I could have taken good care of them yesterday.  I imagine Mike walking in to find me passed out on the couch while the girls would be running around naked with every toy strewn about the house.  Not a pretty sight.  

So, thank you my dear parents and husband.  I couldn't do it without you!



1 comment:

Jenn said...

Strep sucks! I get it every year and I always think I'm going to die! So glad you are already better! And that you had some terrific help!