Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Living for Today


Look at these faces.  So happy, carefree and enjoying the moment.  Not worrying about yesterday or even ten minutes in the future.  They are just enjoying the now.  We took these pictures last week on one of our frequent walks to a nearby park. We had such a good time.  The girls played well together and laughed a lot.  We had nowhere we had to be and it felt so good.  Sometimes I can learn from my kids, and what I've learned lately is to just relish the moment.  Breathe it in. I tend to be in a hurry, always looking ahead to the next thing we have to do or the next chore that needs to get done.  It can put me in frenzied state which is a state I don't like to be in.  So, if the girls want an impromptu dress up session or game of red light/green light, I want to embrace this time and just go with it.  I don't want to waste my time now worrying about tomorrow.  My girls certainly don't worry about tomorrow.  They just live life today. 

1 comment:

Jacquelyn said...

Great post. I need to be reminded of this a LOT. I am way to future0thinking.