Monday, March 26, 2012

Orange You Glad It's Saturday?

One of life's simple pleasures is fresh squeezed orange juice.  When bags of oranges go on sale, I grab a few so we can bring out my electric juicer and enjoy some of heaven's nectar.  It is a perfect way to start a Saturday morning.
Step One:  Purchase a bag of oranges.  These were on sale for $1.29!
Step Two:  Cut them in half and take a moment to enjoy their beauty and breathe in their citrus aroma.  
With both of my pregnancies, I craved citrus of all kinds.  I would buy multiple bags of oranges and drink their juice as if my life depended on it.  
Step Three:  Enlist a helper.  This lovely seven year old girl was a great assistant.  She also helped drink some juice when we were done.  Check out this post here.  I wrote it nearly four years ago when this same lovely girl was a cute three year old helping me make lemonade.  My how time flies!
Step Four:  Drink it up.  Have a second glass if you want to. It's okay.
Step Five: (optional) Have an orange stacking competition when you are finished.  

3 comments:

Maria Rose said...

An electric juicer! I juice by hand and I admit to begrudgingly sharing my hard work. I think I need an electric juicer.

Rachel said...

That is one big stack of oranges!! I might have to get an electric juicer one of these days! =)

Emily said...

I LOVE my electric juicer. We got it as a wedding gift nearly thirteen years ago and it still works like a charm! :)