Thursday, March 8, 2012

Saying Good-bye To Winter

This past Saturday my dad and I took the kids on a walk through a nearby nature reserve.  I've been coming to this park for over two decades, so I feel like I really know it.  I love how it changes each season.  So as we took what is probably our last walk through before it is officially spring, I sort of said my good-byes to winter and nodded my head to the few glimmers of spring I found.  I have to say that I am not a winter person.  I admire those who live up north and brave the snow and ice and longer coat-wearing season.  I try to appreciate winter none the less.
A few early messengers of spring!
Wormholes make interesting patters
Bluff Creek is low, but after some springtime rains, it will be full again.
In the winter, it is a perfect place to jump the rocks over to the shore.
Soon these bare branches will be full of leaves.  Oh how I've missed the sound of wind blowing through the leaves.  

So, good-bye winter.  I'll try to enjoy your last few days.

No comments: