Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Good Friend

My good friend, Nikki, came over today and helped me clean my house from top to bottom. I'm talking baseboards, scrubbing shower floors, sweeping, mopping, and getting the dust of of ceiling fans kind of cleaning. "Deep cleaning" as it is known. Nikki and I have cleaned houses together in the past as a part time job. Then one day a few weeks ago it dawned on us that we could help each other clean our own houses and get the job done in half the time. Since neither of us can afford to pay a house cleaner, why not trade off and do it ourselves! Pure genius! We started off at 10:00 this morning and were finished by 2:00, with only a short break for lunch. And we each had our 18 month olds running around! Not bad, if I do say so myself. And later, after Nikki left, I was so inspired by my sparkling clean house that I managed to get our laundry under control too. Now that is an accomplishment!

So now I am getting in bed early to read and relax in my wonderfully clean house. Man, I am so very thankful for good friends!

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

Sweet! What a great idea!

Rachel said...

hmmm...apparently I need to get in better with you two. You will notice an increase in "kissing up" at B&S in the near future ;)