Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

My dad and Hannah on Christmas Eve.

Today is my Dad's 62nd birthday and so I'm going to celebrate him today in my blog post. Of course I think I have the best Dad in the world. Here's my top ten list of reasons I love my Dad.


1. He is patient.

2. He is the best PaPa to my girls. He plays with them and teaches them new things. I love the way their eyes light up when they see him. And I can't wait for this next baby to get to know him too.

3. He is smart. Like supersmart. He knows everything about everything. And he's so well-rounded. He has a degree in mathematics and worked as an engineer, but he also loves history and literature and the arts too. He's also a master at the game of chess!

4. He enjoys being outside. He always has a garden going (big or small) and can grow just about anything. I also grew up going on "nature walks" with him and my mom. One of his hobbies is bird watching, and he can spot and identify just about any bird. And their yard looks like they paid for professional landscaping.

5. He is gentle and kind.

6. He never complains.

7. He has strong convictions and can intelligently and respectfully discuss them.

8. He is helpful. He is always more than happy to help with a project (like helping me put a stone border in my front flowerbed).

9. He's funny. He has enough humorous stories to keep me laughing for a long time.

10. He's my dad. And for that simple reason, I love him!


Happy Birthday, Dad!!!


2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Sounds like you've got a great father!

Heather@WoolandFlax said...

I still remember him walking around the house quoting poetry and stories. "Did he make it? No!"