Tuesday, May 12, 2009

About Sunday

The Lovely Flowers my husband brought me.

My homemade Mother's Day cards: Leah's is on the left, Hannah's is on the right.


Mother's Day is a two-fold holiday now. One one hand I want to honor and give thanks to my own wonderful Mom, and on the other hand I get to relax and enjoy the things my own family does for me now that I'm a Mom myself! I had a great day. Mike got up early and went to Panera Bread and brought back some of my favorite breakfast treats. He and the girls arranged them on a tray and carried it all back to me so I could enjoy eating breakfast in my cozy bed. In addition to breakfast, Mike brought me the amazing flowers pictured above. The girls presented me with their homemade cards (Leah's is a "rainbow tornado with pink bubbles" and Hannah's is a portrait of me with "rosy cheeks and glasses".) And while Mike was out he picked up a newspaper so I could read and clip my coupons (remember my recent coupon hobby?). It was so nice to wake up leisurely, read, and enjoy a quiet morning with my family. Later in the day, we treated my parents and our girls to a movie. We saw Earth, which was very cool, and then we all went out to eat that evening.

After the girls were sleeping Sunday night, I just reflected for awhile on the four years they've been a part of my life. Only four short years, yet they've made such a huge impact! It's hard to remember a time when they weren't here. They're laughter, their tears, their songs, and their toys are scattered throughout every part of my day. When I'm away from them I wonder what they are doing and how they are feeling. Even during the frustrating moments of parenthood, I wouldn't trade this job for anything. I love them so deeply and so unconditionally and am so grateful to be their mom.

And next year on Mother's Day I'll have another little person so snuggle and love and enjoy. Little guy, I'll be seeing you in about 11 weeks!

3 comments:

Mocha Mama 24 said...

Sounds like you had a fun Mother's Day. I'm so glad we get to be Mothers now. Maybe your little guy will be here even sooner than 11 weeks? The last trimester is my favorite! Are you going to do a guess the name contest?

Maria Rose said...

What a great day. I can't believe how quickly your due date is approaching!!!

Heather@WoolandFlax said...

11 weeks...Wow, doesn't that make your heart skip a beat? I'm so excited to meet that precious boy!