Thursday, October 2, 2008

Tundra and Ellie

I thought it was about time that I introduce you to the two other members of our family.  Our cats.  The hairy beasts that leave cat hair bunnies in the corners of our home and on our chocolate brown comforter.  The cats who occasionally throw up in the middle of the carpet.  Who do nothing but eat, sleep and lie around.  These are the furry creatures who we love and adore despite all these things.  Our first "babies."

This fat sausage of a cat is Tundra.  I couldn't get a good picture of her in this position without the crazy green pet eyes, but you can get a feel for her...uh, for lack of a better word....girth.  The cat is definitely on the large side.  


This is Tundra just after the first picture saying, "Why did you just disrupt my seventeenth nap of the day?"

"I refuse to look at you now.  You disrupter of cat naps."

"Oh, okay.  Just one look."
Thank you, Tundra.  I really do love this cat.  She is sweet natured. And she's my shadow during the day.  Always lurking in the background ready for me to love on her a bit.  She's definitely a keeper.  


And this skinny black cat is Ellie.  This is the only picture I got of her because she's like water-- always moving, changing, darting about.  She's not as obvious in her cat behavior as Tundra.  Tundra flaunts her laziness by placing herself down in the middle of a crowded room of people, rolling onto her back, and stretching out as if to say, "Please admire me."  While Ellie keeps to herself.  She has her hiding spots (under our bed, under the ottoman in the living room), but when the house is quiet she comes out and loves to snuggle.  She also has the best attitude towards our girls. She even sleeps with them at night sometimes where Tundra is way to busy for 3 year olds.  She doesn't have time in her nap schedule to play with them.  

I'll tell you more about their individual adoption stories another time.  They do make good stories.  Today was just a post to say hello.  And here they are in all their feline glory.

2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

aww i remember when tundra was just a tiny kitten. and i wish i could snuggle sweet ellie... :)

Maria Rose said...

Sounds like my cats. I have one fattie who is friendly and lays around all and one skinny girl who is active and always a lady.