Thursday, October 30, 2008

A 60th Surprise

Today is my mom's 60th birthday.  I've spent a lot of time today thinking about how grateful I am for her.  She is wise, industrious, talented, funny, thoughtful, kind and compassionate.  My main memories growing up are of her reading to me, helping me with homework, making dinner for our family, playing with me, encouraging me and making me feel incredibly loved.   I'm glad that we live close to each other, and I am so thankful that my girls are growing up around her.  

To celebrate her big day, her sister and I (along with two of her three brothers who live nearby) planned to throw a surprise party.  We had a hard time figuring out when and how to pull it off, but in the end, we got her good.  About 25 of our friends and family met at my parents' house Sunday morning while she was at church.  When she got home we were all there waiting.  It was great.  We then spent the rest of the afternoon celebrating and spending time together. I'm so glad to be a part of such a big, fun family.

We splurged on a famous Ribbon Cake from Raspberries 'n Cream.  Oh so good.  And pretty.


Me with two of my wonderful cousins, a.k.a. "the ladies in black".

My aunt and uncle brought their brand new 9 wk. old puppy named Abraham.  I just had to throw a picture of him in here because he is just too darn cute.My mom with her old lady cane.  It came complete with "dirty old man repellent."
Happy Birthday, Mom!  I love you.

1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

Your mom is 60? Seriously she has some good genes. Lucky for you.