Friday, October 17, 2008

Crystal Bridge


Last week my mom and I took the girls to the Crystal Bridge Botanical Garden in downtown Oklahoma City.  I really enjoyed our afternoon.  The weather was cool, but sunny.  The sky was a beautiful blue and the girls had such a good time enjoying nature and being together.

  The roar of the waterfall is the first thing you hear when you enter.  The girls were amazed.


I love their faces as they looked up at the waterfall.  Leah is in mid "Ooooo" and Hannah's chocolate brown eyes are wide in wonder.  Love it.




The flowers were amazing. In full bloom and in a variety of vibrant colors.


After we climbed to the top of the garden, we looked down and I loved all the different textures in the leaves. They look like fans.


The girls' motto is: anytime you can swing-- do it. And make sure you laugh out loud in the process.


Afterwards we went outside to enjoy the weather. We spent some time exploring the park and locating ducks, turtles and fish in the pond. We eventually found a nice hill. At the top was plenty of shade to sit under, and the hill itself was absolutely perfect for running and rolling down.


I love reliving my childhood.







4 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

oh that looks like so much fun! beautiful pictures!

Maria Rose said...

I was just love going to the botanic gardens! I like to hit them up in the winter when I am desperate for a little green.

Anonymous said...

Your girls are SO beautiful. I have great memories from being at the botanical gardens as a little girl.

Pecos Blue said...

I love going to gardens. Nice shots.