Thursday, October 9, 2008

Mr. Googly-Eye Stickyfeet

We met a new friend yesterday afternoon.  We found him when we pulled into our driveway after ballet class and saw a large blob on the window of the girls' room. "What is that?"  I said out loud.  We jumped out of the car, and when we all ran over to the window we discovered this guy clinging to the glass:




Can you see him? Here let me get a little closer.



It was a huge, fat grasshopper!  The girls instantly loved him and wanted him for our pet. While having him as our pet was out of the question, we decided to give him a name. After much deliberation, we chose Mr. Googly-Eye Stickyfeet. I think it suited him well.




This shot was from the inside looking out.  I'm sure he was wishing he could come in and play. He ended up staying on the window for several hours. The girls were fascinated and kept coming back to check on him, but eventually he moved on. The girls decided he went home to find his mommy and daddy and sleep in his cozy bed.



Wherever he is, I'm sure glad he entertained my Banana and Bee for a few hours. Even though you kind of freak me out, you're welcome back anytime Mr. Googly-Eye Stickyfeet. Anytime.