Friday, July 26, 2013

Hannah

Hannah Joy
May 2013
Dear Hannah,

I love you. Today isn't your birthday or anything special. It's an ordinary kind of day, but I wanted to let you know how I feel about you.

We picked your name for several reasons. 1. We think it is beautiful. 2. It is a Hebrew word for "grace." and 3. I love the story of Hannah from 1 Samuel Chapter One. She was faithful, diligent and humble. I love these character traits and hope you display these throughout your life. I chose your middle name because it was not easy to have you. I wasn't sure if I would ever be a mom, and then you and your sister came into my life bringing SO MUCH JOY!

You were our second twin, our "Baby B" entering this world one short minute after your sister. Your gifts include drawing (so much detail!) and piano playing (you picked this up quickly). I have always thought you are such a graceful runner. I love to watch you play. And you can swim like no one's business! You like to read chapter books, but still enjoy choosing a picture book for us to read together. You have a wild imagination and enjoy acting out plays that you write and create. Sometimes you and Leah act them out and other times you use your stuffed animals or dolls. You are quiet at school, but can be loud at home. Your voice is very expressive-- always has been. You feel things very strongly, for the good and for the bad. There are many tears when you are injured or upset, but you are also quick to smile and give a hug or say, "I love you, Mom!" You don't hold back! You like to have your sister with you, so I am praying that you will continue to gain more confidence in yourself, more independence. While I hope you and Leah are close your whole lives, I don't want you to depend on her. You are a good friend, with a great sense of humor and a kind heart. Anyone is blessed to know you!

I just wanted to take some time today to tell you just how special you are. You are unique, one-of-a-kind, a masterpiece. I am lucky to be your mom.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a sweet note! I'm sure she will treasure notes like these when she's older. Have a great weekend!