Sunday, May 19, 2013

Weather

We had quite a crazy weather day here in Oklahoma. Living here most of my life, I have grown accustomed to spring storms, tornado sirens and ominous clouds. But I am still not accustomed to seeing all the damage these storms leave in their wake. Several tornadoes touched down across our state with Shawnee, our beloved college town, getting the brunt of it. There were many homes destroyed, a few semi-trucks flipped over on the highway, several people hospitalized and one fatality. I just wanted to let you know my family is safe. I will fill you in on our weekend tomorrow, but tonight I am grateful we had no damage. Keep the town of Shawnee in your prayers.

Here is a photo that my friend Jan took tonight at our old church. This was about 15 miles from our home. I think it is breathtaking.


1 comment:

Sue said...

Wow! Powerful photo!