I just got in late from an interesting night out. My friend Nikki and I went to see the traveling Broadway production of The Addams Family. Of all the musicals I have seen, this was by far the most unusual. I can't say it was my favorite. Here are some facts (and opinions) about what we saw tonight.
* All the performers did a really good job of embracing their characters.
* At any given moment we thought Morticia was going to have a wardrobe malfunction.
* Uncle Fester sang a really odd song about how much he loved the moon. Like he was "in love" with the moon and appreciated their long distance relationship.
* Wednesday Addams married a normal guy named Lucas.
* The storyline was a bit weak.
* Grandma Addams smokes weed.
* The couple sitting in front of us left at intermission and never returned.
* There was a song that made reference to Charlie Sheen.
* Lurch, the butler, breaks out into song and dance at the end.
* It was still fun to have a night out!