Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I'm Back!

Oh. My. Goodness. I had such a great time on my trip to Wyoming! I saw beautiful scenery, ate delicious food, strolled through some awesome art galleries, and caught up on some sleep. But more than any of those things, I most enjoyed the company of my friend Maria (and her sweet family too!). From the moment she met me at the airport holding a sign with my name on it to the moment we said good-bye, we talked and laughed and acted goofy just like old friends. Keep in mind this was the first time for Maria and I to actually meet face to face! We've been blog friends for years, but know we can officially drop the "blog" part of that sentence. We are friends--lifelong friends, I am sure of it. Now sit back and get ready for an onslaught of fantastic photos outlining my extended weekend in Wyoming!

Maria and I enjoying a class of wine and a basket of fries (awesome combo I might add).
At an art gallery. The exhibit featured contemporary interactive art.
Ride like the wind!
Looking at a photography exhibit
We also spent lots of time outdoors! The scenery was amazing. Everyone should make a trip to the Great American West. I still want to come back and go to Yellowstone one day.
Just me.
Me beholding nature.
Pelicans in the Mist
Maria, Cordy, and Me. Oh and a gorgeous waterfall too!
It is now time for "Deep Thoughts" with Maria and Emily.

Maria, thank you so much for hosting me this weekend. You were incredibly gracious and kind and accommodating (and funny and generous and considerate....the list could go on!). We are kindred spirits in deed! And I am already looking forward to seeing you again soon!

5 comments:

hellotheretracy said...

My fav. pic is the one of you where you said "just me". Beautiful country! Love the rocks and water, ahhhh to live there would be so nice! I am so glad you had a good time and did not pull a DORTHY today back in OKC.

Jacquelyn said...

Love the outfits. You look especially pretty in these pictures. Love you.

Jacquelyn said...

Also, I wanna drink wine and eat fries with you! Right now.

Maria Rose said...

I had such an amazing time with you!Seriously, words cannot express how lovely you are. So very happy to call you a friend!

Jemma Stemmons said...

How fun! You look amazing these days. Really hope we can catch up this summer. Abigail has been praying for you guys and has been asking about Hannah & Leah.