In the midst of such a difficult time (reality hasn't truly set in yet), it was good to celebrate a little bit. Because my dad is certainly worth celebrating! He and I are a team now.
Here are some reasons I love my dad:
1. He is a terrific Papa to my kids. He is patient with them and loves to play with them.
2. He loved my mom. During these last six months he was by her side every day taking care of her in a very tender and compassionate way.
3. He is smart. Super smart. I can ask him about anything and he will have an answer.
4. He is my Words With Friends partner.
5. My dad is a hard worker. He will get a job done!
6. He loves nature. Some of our favorite memories as a family are of taking walks together.
7. My dad can recite Robert Burns poetry in a spot on Scottish accent.
8. He tells great stories. My favorite (and now my kids' favorite) is the story of Rip the Horse. Ask him about it next time you see him. :)
9. He makes amazing whole wheat cinnamon rolls. They are his specialty.
10. He is my dad, and that reason alone makes him pretty cool in my book. I am so grateful to be his daughter.
Love you, Dad! Happy Birthday!