Friday, September 4, 2009

Six Weeks

September 4, 2009

This little boy of mine is six weeks old today. Although he's only been with us a short while, I cannot imagine life without him in it now. Here are just a few things I can say about this guy:


* He started smiling this week. And to my heart's great delight, he has been smiling at the sound of my voice. It melts me completely. I will work for twenty minutes straight making funny faces and noises to get one little grin out of him. And it is so worth it!


* When he smiles, he crinkles his eyes, makes a little cooing noise, and displays a cute little dimple on his left cheek.


* His appetite has increased. I am having to supplement with a few formula bottles to keep up. At first I freaked out about it, but I am realizing that he is just fine. Because of this appetite increase, he is definitely gaining weight. I'd guess he's close to ten pounds now. His cheeks are getting chubby, he has a slight double chin, and his thighs are looking quite meaty. I love chunky babies!


* He is a great sleeper. After his nighttime feedings, we just put him in his bassinet and he drifts off to sleep peacefully. I am so grateful for this.


* He is having many more stretches of alertness during the day. He likes to be sitting up to watch the world go by around him. Sometimes he furrows his brows like he is in deep thought. I think he likes all of the activity going on around him.


* This boy is a squeaker. With every stretch or move, he makes these cute little squeaky sounds. The girls say we need to get an oil can for him like the Tin Man.


* No matter how tired or frustrated I may be about something, the moment I look at him or hold him, I feel better.


* He was worth every uncomfortable pregnant moment and every painful muscle after my c-section. He was worth it a thousand times over.

3 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I am so happy for you and your family. I can't believe it has already been six weeks!!!!
Oh and a smile, we'll need to see a picture of one of those.

Kristen said...

What a sweet baby - congrats! We have two daughters and then had a baby boy who just turned a year...(already!) It's been fun getting to know the "boy"isms!

Mocha Mama 24 said...

I still can't believe you have a boy in the house. He is just so bright eyed and alert and so adorable.