Sunday, September 13, 2009

One Handed


Me and Lucas (mid-yawn)

After having my baby 7 weeks ago, I have been reminded of all the many daily activites I can do with one hand. This being that I have a cute little boy attached to my other arm. Here is a short list of things I noticed in the last few days:
With one hand, I can:
brush my teeth
make my bed (this takes awhile!)
pour a glass of orange juice (a critical skill, I might add)
load dishes into the dishwasher
pet Tundra or Ellie
color a picture in a coloring book
read a story
check my email
take clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer (one item at a time)
wipe down the countertops
These things might be slow going, but they can be done. And now that Lucas is getting heavier, my left arm is getting quite a workout.

1 comment:

Maria Rose said...

Ha ha. I have been joking that the doctor will hand me our baby and I will drop her because nobody let's me carry anything anymore and my muscles are weak. Good to know I can look forward to at least one buff arm in the coming weeks!