Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Sneak Peek

Here's a sneak peek at what the baby's nursery colors will look like:



We bought and used this bedding when we had the girls knowing that we might want to use it later on for another sibling. I'm so glad I saved it and it's in good condition. With the girls' nursery we painted the walls a soft, buttery yellow color and mixed in a few "girly" colors (like pink and lavender) in a subtle way here and there. With our baby boy's room we're going to emphasize the red and blue more. But overall, the colors are soft and of course I love the animals too.
Over the weekend I washed a small load of a few baby boy clothes that had started to accumulate in his closet. Then today I went into his room and just spent a few quiet moments looking around, holding up a few tiny newborn onesies, imagining that baby lotion smell on a fresh clean baby....one of my favorite smells ever.
Later today the girls and I made some chocolate chip cookie bars and went out for an afternoon bike ride. The sky started off blue and sunny, but is starting to look overcast and cloudy. I'm wondering if our swimming lesson will be canceled later on this afternoon? Either way, I'm just happy to be home. It just feels so right.

3 comments:

Mocha Mama 24 said...

So cute and exciting! You're almost there. I think I'm going to write down my name guess and give it to Steve until the baby comes and we'll see how close I am. I love guessing baby names.

Heather@WoolandFlax said...

You do such a lovely job decorating, I can't wait to see the results! We're trying to figure out how to add feminine touches to a blue and brown room.

Maria Rose said...

Love the bedding. I have been washing little girl clothes lately and I can't wait to meet the person who will wear them!