Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Baby Shower

This past weekend my friends Nikki and Lisa, along with my aunt Lindell, threw me a wonderful baby shower. It was so great to see all the friends and family that came to help me welcome our little boy into the world. And it was fun to see all the blue balloons and candies and decorations that represented the change coming to our house. I received so many nice things like a swing, a stoller & car seat, some really cute clothes, and lots of other essentials. I feel very blessed to have such thoughtful and generous friends and family. Here are some photos of the day:

Me with the crew who put my shower together: my aunt Lindell, Lisa, Nikki, me, Shauna

My dear friend Shauna drove all the way up from Dallas to see me. She was my Maid of Honor ten years ago and we've known each other since she was two and I was three-- before we even remember knowing each other!!

My wonderful Mom


Me with my other dear friend Lisa. Lisa and I have met at our church's Vacation Bible School back when we were 10 years old. And we've been inseperable since! And Lisa was the Matron of Honor in my wedding.

My awesome mother-in-law. She was in town from New Jersey!

Just a few of the cute things that our boy will be wearing and using. =)
A few other updates worth mentioning:
* The hospital called today and my c-section date has been rescheduled for Friday, July 24th at 7:30 am!! This date shouldn't change again-- unless I go into labor before that!
* My last day of work will be next Tuesday, June 23rd. That will give me a little over three weeks to try to relax and get ready for the baby. I've enjoyed tutoring, but I'll be ready for a break.
I hope you all had a great weekend as well!

4 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Wow, what a fun day! I can't believe how soon it is until you get to meet your little boy.

Jenn said...

I hated to miss the shower but me and the boys went to Amarillo to spend some time with my mom! Glad you had a good time! And I still want to get you something and see you - what do you need?? Or what do you totally not need any more of??? :)

Rebekah said...

I kept thinking you were positively glowing! : )

Emily said...

Thanks, Rebekah! I'm so glad you were there =)