Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving & More

Okay, when I started out with this blog I did not envision myself just giving "weekend updates", but the last few weeks that is all I've managed to write about.  With the the craziness of the season right now, I'm finding it hard to post on a every other day basis (my original goal). Regardless, I'm finding time this morning while the girls are at Mother's Day Out to fit in some blogging and the natural thing to write about is how wonderful our Thanksgiving holiday was. So get ready for some updating.....

Thursday morning we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade which is a tradition on our home.  The girls loved the appearance of Ariel and Sebastian singing "Under the Sea".  I guess The Little Mermaid is a Broadway show now. Oh man, they'd love to see that one.  Mike and I made our dishes to take to my aunts' house for my family's Thanksgiving meal.  I made a broccoli, cheese and almond casserole and Mike made some incredible baked artichokes covered in lemon juice, garlic, olive oil and breadcrumbs.  So good I tell you.  

After that we headed to my aunt Lindell's to see my family and gorge ourselves with yummy food.  I think there were over 20 people there, and we always have a good time together.  After we ate, we all headed outside for a game of kickball.  I merely observed and took a few photos, but most everyone else (cousins, aunts, uncles) played.  


Hannah ready to go to Lindell's house.  She's holding her favorite animal, "Sneaky" the Leopard.
Leah showing off her new dress and cardigan.  
Kickball in progress.  Isn't the brown winter grass beautiful?
I sure hope they are always thankful for each other.
Hannah running after one of my cousin's dogs.  I love the wind in her hair.

Friday came along and we spent the day decorating for the holidays.  Christmas tree up-- check. Stockings hung-- check.  The girls had such a good time putting up the ornaments this year.  It's the first year they've really been able to help. Friday evening we went to Irma's burger shack with my parents and then had every intention of going to the Oklahoma River Parade.  This event showcases boats all decked out in Christmas lights and decor floating down the Oklahoma River. We ended up getting there too late, but we did get to see the fireworks show. Then faced with a "what to do now?" situation, we turned to the ever popular Bass Pro Outdoor World.  That place is huge!  We walked around for a good hour looking at everything from Santa's workshop to a huge fish tank to stuffed (really stuffed) animals of every shape and size to guns and ammo. 

This place was packed Friday night.
The girls met a Grizzly Bear.  
 I wonder how long they'd last in the wild?

Finally, Saturday and Sunday brought about a calmer, slower pace.  We spent time together at home with the fire going and Christmas tree lights on.  It was so very cozy and needed.  I avoided doing any Christmas shopping yet and instead opted for family time at home.  I know I'll have to get out there soon though.....

Sunday night:  the girls were asleep, fire going, wind howling, Christmas lights on and Tundra basking in the glow.  
She loves to be admired.  

I hope you all had a great holiday as well!
 


2 comments:

Jacquelyn said...

um you forgot to say...

BOOMER SOONER!

c'mon.

Maria Rose said...

Sounds like a great time! I love the photos. Your girls are too sweet and the Christmas tree sets the best mood!