Saturday, June 15, 2013

We Are Happy

Today has been a cleaning and organizing day at our house. I have been going through boxes that I brought back from my parents' house last fall for months now--a few here, one more there. I mean, what do you do with a lifetime of photos and mementos? Especially when you are the only child and sole keeper of family memories. Today, however, I unloaded the last box. Inside I found labeled folders containing samples of my drawings and schoolwork starting with preschool and ending with 5th grade. I ended up looking through a lot of it, amazed at my mom's meticulous note taking and organization. This drawing from 3rd grade open house made me smile. 

I guess I was supposed to draw my family and write something about them. 
The back of the drawing reads, "My family has 3 people in it. We also have 3 cats: Alley, Lucky and Muffin. We live at 1214 Randy Drive. We are happy."



That last statement made me tear up a bit. I am so thankful that I had a happy family. And I am equally grateful for my current happy crew. 


No comments: